We recognise that our day-to-day operations and other responsibilities impact on the environment in a number of ways. We are committed to achieving continuous improvement in environmental performance and to minimising pollution.
- Ensure that environmental management is integrated into every aspect of our business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations and aspire to best practice
- Review current activities, products and services with a view to minimise the environmental impacts and reduce, wherever practicable, the level of harmful emissions
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy, water and raw materials, and maximise the efficient use of such resources, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible, promote recycling and the use of recycled materials
- Ensure that all employees have an understanding of their responsibilities in relation to the Environmental Policy
- Encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices by all people within the organisation
- Ensure that suppliers and contractors minimise the impact of their operations on the environment and actively support our environmental programmes through an environmentally sensitive purchasing policy
- Where appropriate, support through community programmes, the promotion of environmental protection by relevant external groups and organisations
- Monitor progress on a regular basis to identify strengths and areas for improvement and to highlight actions required to prevent potential deficiencies. In order to implement this policy we will develop a set of objectives and targets identified as a result of our environmental review, which relate to the environmental impacts of our organisation
Actions to achieve this policy will require us to focus on the following areas;
- Waste management, including the disposal of materials
- Recycling initiatives, including metal, timber, packaging and office paper
- Energy use
- Business travel
- Purchasing arrangements
- Staff training and communication on environmental issues
We recognise that this policy is only the start of our journey and effective implementation of change and our commitment to the development of leadership and management skills will underpin this policy.
The policy itself will be reviewed annually and more often if performance or operating context demands.
This Environmental Policy is available on request.